Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rolling! Scooting! Baby Proofing!

Poor little baby sickee!! It is so sad when babies are sick because when adults are sick they can just lay in bed all day, but babies want to play and snuggle and laugh and they just seem so sad! Juliet woke up on sunday with a terrible cold and this really weird swollen eye. I took her to the doctor on monday but of course the eye was normal by then and the doctor thought I was a dork. oh well.


In the face of all that adversity Juliet learned to roll over. She's rolled over a couple times before this but now she does it very consecutively. She's an old pro! She's also learned to scoot around on that silk blanket. She doesn't move very fast but she has surprised me a few times. Yesterday I came back from washing dishes in the kitchen and she had scooted more than 10 feet to chew on my leather scriptures. I guess it is time to baby proof! Or maybe I'll start making loud scary sounds everytime she scoots off her blanket so she will never leave it. Give that baby a complex!

Yesterday I was feeling skinny for the first time in a long time, so Juliet and I decided to have a mini photo shoot. It was a lot of fun but I didn't realize how hard it is to take pictures of yourself while holding a baby. So not a lot of them turned out. oh well.
I don't have a lot of recent pictures of Juliet and Brett together. We don't see him as often as we'd like, and I know it's only going to get worse. He's never home during the good light. We don't have any family photos either. I think we have one when Juliet was maybe 2 weeks old. I'll try to remedy that this saturday.
I was going to post pictures of the nursery today but since Juliet was temporarily moved into our room while she was sick, it's reeeeeally looking like a storage closet in there. No crib! So give me one more week and hopefully I'll get those next time.

No comments: