Monday, December 20, 2010

Come let us adore Him -- adorably.

This is Juliet's fourth Christmas, but it is the first Christmas she has been interested in Santa.  Santa Santa Santa.  And even more than Santa, she has been interested in asking Santa for a Pillow Pet.  Any time she sees Santa on tv or on the computer or a picture at the mall she says she needs to talk to Santa about her Pillow Pet.
While totally adorable, this is also a little discouraging for a parent who feels like it is her motherly duty to help her children keep Christmas centered on Christ.
When it comes to your kids you can never really know how much gets through to them (especially when their vocabulary is so limited) so it is always a pure joy (and a relief!) when they let you know in their own way that they get it.


This is what I found this morning.
Juliet's explanation: "Look! It's the baby Jesus!  Everyone needs to see Jesus."



Merry merry Christmas!!  I know that Christ lives, that He is our Savior.  I know that through Him we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.  I know my family is eternal, and I am so grateful for the Gospel in our lives.  I truly have been blessed, and I thank Heavenly Father every day for my beautiful family and the opportunity I have to return with them to Him once more.  I rejoice every day for such a wonderful knowledge and I should express it more often!

No comments: