Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A note from yon book review blogger

An apology might be more accurate! Disclaimer?
I started this blog several months after I started reading everyone's favorite books. This unfortunately means that some of my reviews are written months after I've actually read the book. This didn't particularly bother me until today, when I picked up The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
I am only a couple pages into the book, and already I like it. Of course, I may not like it by the end of the book (and I may like it more) but the point is, I don't remember quite how I felt at the beginning of some of these books I've read. It's just been too long. I am now realizing that makes a poor book review, for I can only write the last impression the book gave me.
I'm going to continue reviewing many of the books I've read already since many of them I will probably never read again (ie The Dogs of Babel. GAG.) and I like to update more often than I can finish books. But just know I do so feeling a little guilty that I'm not truly doing justice to the whole book. (I didn't start to hate the Dogs of Babel til near the end. But I don't remember why. and now the world may never know.)
From now on I'll warn you about how recently I've read the book. Of course the most recent books will probably prove to have more extensive reviews. So beware.
Soon to come: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows and The Once and Future King by T.H. White.

So . . . what's your favorite book?

No comments: